A historical brand
Founded in 1827 by Mr. Violet, the Violet perfumery marked the French cosmetics industry. Holder of several patents including one for thridace soap, the company received many awards during its existence. Based at several addresses in Paris, Violet was especially famous for its 12 Boulevard des Capucines shop.
In 1842 Violet officially became a supplier of the Empress Eugenie and Queen Isabella II of Spain. The bee, symbol of the Empress, was therefore affixed on each bottle and became an important trademark. In 1858 the shop took the name “To the Queen of bees – Violet House” to establish its legitimacy. The committee of the 1867 World Fair particularly distinguished the work of Louis Claye, then Director of Violet, by rewarding several products of the House.
The New birth of Maison Violet
In a world that continuesly accelerates, we press pause. We take our time to preserve this know-how and this inexhaustible source of inspiration that is nature. To this end, we are committed to and take part in the causes that are close to our hearts and keep this industry alive.
Because in a world that runs towards the future without looking back, we are convinced that the past can be a source of sublime inspiration. And perfume is and will remain a bridge between yesterday and tomorrow. We share this vision through Violet, where customer service goes hand in hand with exchange, transmission and transparency.
Because after all, even with big ambitions, Violet will remain on a human scale.